God's Existence, Science and Faith, Suffering and Evil, Jesus' Resurrection, and Book Reviews

How Did It All Begin- Clarification

I want to make it clear that I do not consider the conclusions of this particular series (How Did It All Begin? Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4) to be anywhere near essential for Salvation. I know there are some Christians who believe that their particular position on Creation, Evolution, or the age of the universe to be essential, but I am not one of them. Since I do not believe these to be essential, I don't believe that these issues are grounds for termination of fellowship or discrimination within the Church. I believe that anyone who does believe that is in direct conflict with traditional Christianity.

Rather, I believe that this is something that needs to be debated with gentleness and respect in the Church. Read my early post "Nature vs. Scripture" for more info.